Friday 13 February 2009

Titles are hard, blogs are easy.

I have a few friends who surprise me on occasion by coming out with some wonderfully funny sayings, I give you as way of example an actual moment in time:

The Scene: About 4 in the morning in a takeaway based in Chippy Lane Cardiff

The Protagonists: Mr J. - A Northern lad with no mental defects.
Mr R. - Another Northern lad based in Cardiff, the reason for Mr J's location.
Miss E. - A Northern Welsh lass.
T. C. M. - Takeaway Counter Man.

Mr J. - I could murder a kebab, a big greasy donner.
Mr R. - Get one then
Mr J. - I'm not sure how it works, am I at the right counter? I can't see the salad.
Mr R. - Nah it'll be fine, just order one with everything.
Mr J. - Yeah, yeah, I think I will.
T.C.M. - What you havin' mate?
Mr J. - *In a sudden gruff Northern accent* Chips and gravy mate.
Miss E. - What?
Mr R. - I thought you wanted a Kebab?
Mr J. - I did.
Miss E. - Why didn't you order a kebab?
Mr J. - I panicked.
Miss E. - What?
Mr R. - What?
Mr J. - I panicked and ordered the most Northern thing I could think of.

* 30 Minutes later*

Mr J. - Those chips were really good.

Goddamn, it's a good job I'm fairly unconditional with my friendship. Although I've come out with my fair share of ridiculous sayings, thankfully none of them spring to mind, however should I ever gather all of my friends in one place I'm more than convinced that we could fill an A4 page in less than 10 minutes.

No comments: